Pheasants Forever donates money to local schools
Pheasants Forever of St. Louis and Carlton counties, based in Duluth, announced over $21,000 in recent donations to local area schools and clubs:
• $2,500 to Lester Park Elementary School Forest. This match grant will provide a bridge over a stream in the school forest, providing access to individuals with a physical impairment.
• $2,000 to Homecroft Elementary School. The curriculum and equipment donated will allow all grades to explore, photograph and study nature with a “hands-on” approach in the Habitat for Homecroft outdoor classroom.
• $9,000 to Hermantown High School Trap Team.
• $4,800 to Proctor High School Trap Team.
• $3,000 to Superior Junior Rifle Club.
Pheasants Forever and the MidwayUSA Foundation have partnered to create an endowment account that provides financial support for local youth shooting sports teams and clubs. Trapshooting is a form of competitive shotgun shooting at clay targets.